NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 3 of 8)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 8)

Oct 132014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the child safety lock for the rear driver side door failed to activate. In addition, the rear passenger side door failed to latch when the child safety lock was activated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Detroit , MI, USA

Aug 082014

G6 6-cyl

2007 Pontiac G6. Consumer writes in regards to GM recall# 13036.* ld the consumer is seeking reimbursement.

- Hammond, IN, USA

Aug 272014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V224000 (power train) and 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jun 012013

G6

Upon accelerating at speeds above 50mph, my traction control indicator will come on, sometimes saying traction off, and sometimes saying to service traction. It will sometimes stay on and make my car jerk around a lot while it's shifting gears. If it doesn't go away shortly after it came on, it will go away once I leave my car turned off for a while. It happens so randomly, and sometimes will be months between episodes, that when I've taken it to have it looked at, they can't get it to happen.

- Indianapolis , IN, USA

Sep 052013

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Trenton, NJ, USA

Aug 112014

G6

The contact owns 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 ( electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control ) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oaklahoma City, OK, USA

Dec 022013

G6

Headlamps for all vehicles: The newer blue, pink, purple colored headlights are blinding to light sensitive eyes. Bright lights are bad enough and then almost every vehicle has fog lights that people leave on all the time and are blinding. But, these new colored lights actually hurt light sensitive eyes & totally blind you for more than a second. First time I encountered it scared the heck out of me. More & more people I talk to have the same problem. In heavy traffic at night I have to wear my sunglasses which reduces my visibility. These lights need to be banned before there's a major accident caused by blinding.

- Ingleside, IL, USA

Aug 202014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V224000 (power train). However, the parts needed to the repairs were unavailable. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would be available to service the vehicle under recall. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Detroit, MI, USA

May 132014

G6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The dealer stated that the parts were unavailable to perform the recall repair and could not provide an estimated date of arrival. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/02/14 updated 11/7/2014

- Shirley, IN, USA

Feb 162013

G6 6-cyl

When I was driving, don't know for sure the speed, the engine started to overheat the A/C started blowing hot air I stopped at an auto parts store and replaced a cooling sensor on the side of the engine. Some how it kept doing it only in the summer. Then not long after that my oil pressure light kept going on and off periodically. Either speeding up or going around corners it comes on dining and turning the light on. The oil pressure light started coming on just after an oil change. I've had it changed twice since then and its still happening. No one seems to know what it is.

- Springtown, TX, USA

Jul 192014

G6 6-cyl

Airbag lamp illuminates while vehicle is in operation. The driver information center displays an airbag malfunction message and has a warning chime. During this time the system is identifying that the airbag system is not operating. The issues seems to be related to the sensor in the front passenger seat. If the vehicle is shut off the error message and indicator lamp go away. This has been happening more frequently over the last year. In addition the driver information center sometimes fails to turn on with the vehicle, making it hard to tell when there is an issue with the vehicle. During this time the information screen/radio are not illuminated. This is corrected by shutting off and restarting the vehicle.

- West Haven, CT, USA

May 292014

G6

I work nights and noticed my tail lamps were really bright when I drove by reflective signs. Though I didn't think much at the time this continued. I stopped for gas one morning when I couldn't get my car from park to drive. I really had to mash the brakes down to get from park to drive. I recently was pulled over due to my tail lights not working correctly. The police officer noticed that my tail lights were lit up while driving and would turn off when I came to a stop at the light and when he pulled me over. He didn't ticket me but wanted to let my know about the issue. I looked for recalls and sure enough my 07 G6 was on the recall list but apparently it's VIN specific. I even took it to the local GM dealer, kerry Chevrolet, and they couldn't find any recalls with my car. The person at the dealer ship gave me GM's number and even they told me I probably shouldn't drive the car. Though all my issues are on the recall from the NHTSA campaign number 14V252000 my car is not included in the recall. Nor is the transmission cable thing. I won't go into this. This is a problem waiting to happen. GM should make this right and all inclusive for all model years that are affected by this not just VIN specific. I've been loyal to you for many years but maybe not for long!

- Alexandria, KY, USA

May 142014

G6 4-cyl

While driving-the stop lights stay on, when the brakes are applied the lights go out. Have difficulty getting shifter out of park. Also speed control quit working. There is a recall for this problem-number 13036. It covers cars built between May 26. 2004 to Jan. 4 2010.[ my car was built May 2007 ]. when I called G. M. phone-800-553-6000. This is the Pontiac number. They said my serial number is not on the list.{ I don't understand }. this car has the exact problem that is addressed in this recall. Problem with the body control module. This is a safety issue--- I have had drivers blowing horns at me when I stop because my brake lights don't come on.--they stay on while driving. Hope you can help me. Thank you.

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

Jun 022014

G6

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 sedan. It has had several electrical issues in the past but they are getting worse. The delay power to the lights and radio do not seem to function properly. The radio is to remain on until the driver door is opened. Well it now does not shut off at times. Sometimes it will "time out" after the 10 minutes if the ignition is turned off but once I turned off the car, locked the doors and assumed it would time out. The next morning I got in the car and the radio was still playing and the interior dome lights were on. I was amazed the battery wasn't dead. This has been happening more often is quite an annoyance to make sure the power is off when exiting the vehicle. Sometimes is requires me to open and shut the door several times to get the delay to cut off.

- Newville, PA, USA

Jun 202014

G6 4-cyl

The car totally lost electrical power. My wife, daughter and two grand kids (1 & 4 yrs old) were in the car. The power windows had be acting up for a while but on this day all the power went out. After she controlled the car to a stop on the highway and waited 10 minutes it would start again. She then tried to drive back roads home. Only to have it happen multiple times again. Finally we had it towed to the dealer ship. And again they are saying there is no recall on this car. It will now cost us over $500 dollars to fix on top of the $2500 last time. The dealership in the past as been great but in this case have been of no help. Over $3000 dollar out without any compensation from GM or the dealer (betten / baker Chevrolet in coopersville, Michigan).

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Apr 252014

G6 4-cyl

The car will intermittently loose the power steering. Usually when you first started it but at time while driving at any speed. If you stopped and restarted the car the power steering might start working. We spend over $2,500 to get this repaired and our dealership is claiming that there is no recall on the power steering. I currently have all the invoice of what they repaired or replaced.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 282013

G6 4-cyl

Well one the electrical is so messed up that I have to drive with brights on I keep putting new lights in and nothing works... the last incident I had my 3 boys with me and I went to turn out of gas station and my power steering completely went out and come to find out it uses no power steering fluid and I had a guy tell me it was on recall for those reasons and I still owe on this car and car lot will not help me.

- Southbend, IN, USA

Feb 032014

G6 6-cyl

I plugged in my phone to charge it like I do all the time a few moments later there was smoke everywhere I unplugged the phone but smoke was still coming out so I went to where the smoke was coming from and all the wiring was burnt and now my locks don't work my alarm is all crazy my top wont work I cant open my trunk is just a mess.

- Saginaw, MI, USA

May 292014

G6 6-cyl

Brake lights come on while driving and turn off when brake is pressed passenger headlight comes on sometimes severe leaking into passenger floor board when rains.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

May 252014

G6

Cooling fans fuses replaced because it was running hot. It started running hot a few years later and wiring to the cooling fans had to be fixed. Check engine light then came on and wouldn't go off and engine module was replaced. Check engine light came back on immediately, power steering randomly stopped working but came back, power seats stopped working randomly but started to work again, radio wouldn't go off after taking out the key and opening the door, and now the car will only go in reverse and drive in the manual mode. I'm never buying another GM vehicle!

- Gravette , AR, USA