NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 1 of 8)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

May 092016

G6

My headlight burned out on the driver's side of the car. I replaced it and it lasted about two weeks and then burned out again. Found the socket melted and burned up real bad. I replaced the headlight socket assembly and it worked for about a month and then would come on only when I slammed the hood (sometimes.) and then stopped working for good. The bright light on the driver's side of the car worked fine up until then, but soon after went out so I replaced that bulb and socket assembly with no result. Neither bright nor dim light works on driver's side. I can't figure it out. No one can tell me why it's doing it, and none of the mechanics I've been to have any idea why the headlights aren't functioning properly (at all.) it's frustrating. It's dangerous. And it has cost me more money than lights should ever cost a person. I haven't driven the car in months because I'm tired of getting pulled over. It sucks and I still am paying on this car and can't even use it. I hate Pontiac. GM needs to shutdown. Never been satisfied with a GM vehicle.

- Bellevue, MI, USA

Nov 032016

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the brake system failed. The brake lights failed to illuminate while the brake pedal was engaged. On some occasions, the brake lights remained illuminated when the brake pedal was not engaged. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the repair did not correct the failure. The failure mileage was 77,400.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Mar 012007

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the vehicle was experiencing the same failure as NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The contact stated that the brake lights illuminated on and off occasionally. Also, the gear shifter would not switch out of the park position. The contact had to detach the battery cable to get the vehicle to go into the park position. The cruise control would not deactivate once the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was discovered that the failures were a part of an unknown recall. The failure mileage was 1,400.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Aug 312016

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. When the brake pedal was depressed at 20 mph, a police officer informed the contact that the brake lights failed to operate. The contact mentioned that the brake lights illuminated when the brake pedal was not depressed. The contact stated that the vehicle was previously serviced per NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, and service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Sy Marys, OH, USA

Oct 272014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving, the contact attempted to activate the cruise control, but was unsuccessful. The contact was informed by another driver that the brake light was constantly illuminated while the vehicle was being driven. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the body control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 121,605.

- Milaca, MN, USA

Aug 282015

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the brake lights remained illuminated on the vehicle. The brake lights would disengage when the brake pedal was depressed with great force. The failure was intermittent. The dealer diagnosed that the pedal position sensor needed to be replaced. The contact believed that the diagnosis was incorrect because the pedal position sensor had been replaced two weeks prior to the diagnostic test. The vehicle was serviced per NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control), but the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the brake lights would remain illuminated while driving after the recall repair was performed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Front Royal, VA, USA

May 222015

G6

I have had many recall problems and the dealer will not fix them

- Greenwood, MS, USA

Jan 102015

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While operating the vehicle, the brake lights remained illuminated. When the brake pedal was depressed, the brake lights would shut off. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed nor repaired. The contact indicated that the vehicle was previously repaired in 2014 under NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (exterior lighting, electrical system), but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Cuyahaga Falls, OH, USA

Apr 072016

G6 6-cyl

Low beam head light always burning out! going in for the third time to have replaced within a 2 month period!..updated 06/28/16 the low beam headlight light, has since be replaced for the fourth time. The wires melted, which caused the bulb to burn out. Updated 06/29/16. Updated 07/14/16.

- Willard, WI, USA

Apr 042016

G6

Started my car and the steering wheel is locked. I cannot turn. I have turned the car on and off several times to no avail.

- Sandy Springs, GA, USA

Mar 142016

G6

Takata recall the air bag sensior

- Elizabethtown, NC, USA

Jan 032015

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled and was unable to be restarted. In addition, the brake warning light illuminated. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The contact was unsure about what parts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic. The mechanic diagnosed that the battery, rotors, and brake shoes needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the vehicle failed to start. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes; hydraulic, vehicle speed control) and 14V224000 (power train). The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Washington, LA, USA

Feb 122016

G6

Ever since I purchased this car the headlights never stay on. It's either one or the other, no matter how often I replace them, one goes out. It's dangerous for me to drive with my child in the car with one headlight. I've had it "fixed" several times, even the wiring. Despite my attempts, I still always only have one headlight.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Feb 122016

G6

Takata recall for about a month now my vehicle has been randomly dying. I was on the highway when suddenly everything locked up I couldn't stop, couldn't brake, the engine seized and I was unable to restart the car. The steering wheel was moving in both directions by itself, then locked up. I had to get out and push the car into a safe place and was unable to re-start it.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Dec 122015

G6

I was pulling into my driveway and before I put my car in park it died. After I placed it in park and began to get me and my children out it started rolling away. Brakes wasn't stopping it but emergency brake did. Mow my car wont start at all.

- Berea, KY, USA

Nov 062015

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving approximately 50 mph, the brake lights randomly illuminated. In addition, when the brake pedal was engaged, the brake light failed to illuminate intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the rear brake lamps needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired on two separate occasions, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the body control module and wiring harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The failure mileage was 128,000.

- Albert Lea, MN, USA

Jun 012012

G6

Electrical spasms. All gauges(including speedometer and tac) flake out, bounce around, go to zero. Traction control shuts down. HVAC electrical goes out. No way to see out windshield as defrost will not work when this occurs. Warning lights come on an off and on again etc. This can occur when driving or stationary, you never know when it will occur. Very unsafe and relates very well with recall already made by GM on 05/15/2014 for 2007 G6 but not for my G6"?? how??" I have been fighting this for many years and can't get them to take care of it properly. Dealer did actually fix one problem once when the blower fan would come on whenever it felt like it even when the car was off, key out of the ignition, doors locked, and us walking away. Needless to say we had a few dead battery instances. Actually had a dealer and GM involved. Dealer wanted to have a blank check to continue to do diagnostics after having see the problem and extracted 17 error codes from the vehicles computer. They couldn't figure it out, asked GM who had no idea, and wanted me to let them diagnose with no limit. Unbelievable. Many reports of the same problem can be found on the internet.

- Ham Lake, MN, USA

Sep 142015

G6 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, both brake lights illuminated continuously even though the brake pedal was not depressed. In addition, whenever the brake pedal was engaged, the brake lights failed to illuminate. The VIN was not included in the NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The contact replaced both brake lights however, the failure persisted. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 06/29/16

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 162015

G6

I want to know how to get a letter regarding a recall on my vehicle. I went to pepboys.com and my vehicle was listed as having recalls.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Aug 122015

G6

I have had to change my driver's side headlight bulb four times in four months. The last one that I had changed blew almost immediately after installation (within three hours).when I took it back to be fixed I was told that the connecter cable has melted because the light gets to hot. Now I have to have that part replaced as well, and I am given no guarantee that it will last either. The worst part is that the dealership wants $55 for the part and $143 for labor! crazy!

- Summerton, SC, USA