2007 Pontiac G6 engine NHTSA complaints: Vehicle Speed Control

NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 1 of 3)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 082014

G6 6-cyl

2007 Pontiac G6. Consumer writes in regards to GM recall# 13036.* ld the consumer is seeking reimbursement.

- Hammond, IN, USA

Oct 202014

G6

The contact owns a 2006 Pontiac G6. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control and NHTSA campaign number: 14V224000 (power train). However, the parts needed were not available. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available to service the vehicle under the recall. The manufacturer had not been notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- St.Louis , MO, USA

Oct 092014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that while attempting to accelerate from a stop, the vehicle lunged forward. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnostic testing. The technician diagnosed that the speed control sensor needed to be replaced. The contact referenced recall NHTSA campaign number 14V252000(electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). However, the vehicle was not repaired due to the parts not being available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 119,000.

- Anderson, IN, USA

Aug 272014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V224000 (power train) and 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Canton, MI, USA

Aug 162011

G6

Front drivers side factory headlight (left side) became hazed over when car had low miles and had always been stored inside. Car has always been kept very clean! noticed many other Pontiac G6S' having the same exact issue.

- Boone, IA, USA

May 132014

G6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The dealer stated that the parts were unavailable to perform the recall repair and could not provide an estimated date of arrival. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/02/14 updated 11/7/2014

- Shirley, IN, USA

Jul 092014

G6

I was on may way home from work, the check engine light came on and has remained on, and the transmission all of the sudden wouldn't go in any gear, I couldn't go over 20 mph, I had to pull over turn off the car wait turn it back on put it in drive, then if I would have to stop at a light or stop sign I would give it gas & it wouldn't go, again I had to turn the car off put it in park, then wait turn it on & put it in drive, also if I tried to put the car in reverse it would not go, this caused almost serveral times of me being "rear ended" even with my hazard lights on. I took it to my mechanic & he said it was caused from the recall (tramission recall) GM had it towed to a dealership, all they keep saying is there is no recall on my car. They said the government puts the ven #'s on for recall, so my question is, how does my car or any car get put on the recall list" when clearly my car is doing exactly what the recall states" GM states that the government is the one to put the "VIN" on the recall list

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

May 292014

G6

I work nights and noticed my tail lamps were really bright when I drove by reflective signs. Though I didn't think much at the time this continued. I stopped for gas one morning when I couldn't get my car from park to drive. I really had to mash the brakes down to get from park to drive. I recently was pulled over due to my tail lights not working correctly. The police officer noticed that my tail lights were lit up while driving and would turn off when I came to a stop at the light and when he pulled me over. He didn't ticket me but wanted to let my know about the issue. I looked for recalls and sure enough my 07 G6 was on the recall list but apparently it's VIN specific. I even took it to the local GM dealer, kerry Chevrolet, and they couldn't find any recalls with my car. The person at the dealer ship gave me GM's number and even they told me I probably shouldn't drive the car. Though all my issues are on the recall from the NHTSA campaign number 14V252000 my car is not included in the recall. Nor is the transmission cable thing. I won't go into this. This is a problem waiting to happen. GM should make this right and all inclusive for all model years that are affected by this not just VIN specific. I've been loyal to you for many years but maybe not for long!

- Alexandria, KY, USA

Apr 172014

G6

My first incident was with my speed control disengaging while driving on the freeway. Then my stoplights stayed on while driving and would go off when I would stop. Had my mechanic look and he put on a new brake switch. That did not fix the problem. Then we did a search on the internet and found other complaints and then looked on this site. I then took my car to the GM dealer where it was purchased and explained all this to them still wasn't fixed and I must take it back to them again.

- London, OH, USA

May 142014

G6

While driving-the stop lights stay on, when the brakes are applied the lights go out. Have difficulty getting shifter out of park. Also speed control quit working. There is a recall for this problem-number 13036. It covers cars built between May 26. 2004 to Jan. 4 2010.[ my car was built May 2007 ]. when I called G. M. phone-800-553-6000. This is the Pontiac number. They said my serial number is not on the list.{ I don't understand }. this car has the exact problem that is addressed in this recall. Problem with the body control module. This is a safety issue--- I have had drivers blowing horns at me when I stop because my brake lights don't come on.--they stay on while driving. Hope you can help me. Thank you.

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

Jun 012012

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated while driving an unknown speed, the brake light illuminated and turned off when the brakes were applied. The vehicle was taken to the dealers who noticed the connection was corroded and needed to clean. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred and this time the cruise control became inoperable as well. The contact was made aware of recall NHTSA campaign id number 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control) however, the VIN was not included. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was made aware the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Jamestown, OH, USA

Jun 212014

G6

My hand hit the key in the ignition switch and the vehicle cut-off(lost all power).I could not accelerate, I had to stop in the middle of the roadway and turn the switch to off and crank the vehicle again. After thinking about it I can recall this happening years ago, I thought nothing of it.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jan 102014

G6 6-cyl

Driving along the road a deer came out we tried to swerve to avoid the deer and slammed on the brakes, and vehicle lost steering due to anti skid failure, does not indicate anti skid failure, shows it is operational, tires were very heavily flat spotted, we went off the road and hit a sign and damaged the front of the car after this the air bag sensor is dangling we had no air bag deployment. Took it into the dealership when it was still under factory warranty and we were told the anti skid and our cruise control problem was all working and normal, the car will surge forward very fast when the cruise is set, it will go about 10 mph past the set speed, and will go back to the set speed, but not until it goes very quickly to the point where if your not careful you will run up on someone in front of you.

- Solvang, CA, USA

May 012013

G6

Since last year, let's say in spring, I had problems shifting out of park. Doesn't do it every time. Later I noticed that my brakelights are always illuminated. Will not change if the brake is pushed. But if I push hard enough on them they turn off all together. When pressed on the brake again they do not light up at all. So after a few seconds the lights all come back on when I am not pressing on the brake. Back to the beginning. Also my cruise control turns off when I'm using it. Sometimes my lights go in and out of climate controls. Now I called GM about the recall on my make/model/year and gave her my VIN number. She said I am not currently included on the recall. How is that possible? I need this fixed before I get a ticket or get into an accident!

- Waterloo, IA, USA

May 232014

G6 4-cyl

The brake lights are coming on while accelerating and going off when the brake pedal is engaged. This is extremely dangerous to my family but we are traveling and will have to take care of this at our destination. The cruise control is working intermittent and the shift interlock needs excessive pressure to unlock the shifter. I see this is being looked into for a recall this needs to be fixed before someone is hurt!

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Jan 012014

• 5,555,555 miles
1-cruise control comes back on after disengaging, loud clunk when turning, have fixed ball joints and front end stuff several times and it still clunks at low speeds ever since I've owned the vehicle. Have had issues with the brake system as well.

- Cadillac, MI, USA

May 122014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated while traveling 60 mph, the vehicle reduced in power after pressing on the gasoline pedal. The engine light illuminated, stating engine power reduced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000. The current mileage was 131,000.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 092014

G6

As I attempted to turn left the steering was difficult to turn and the gas wasn't accelerating correctly and suddenly took off and crashed into a vehicle ahead of me.

- Forrest City , AR, USA

Mar 192014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the engine stalled as the electronic throttle control warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle restarted on the first attempt and resumed normally. The failure recurred on seven separate occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 42,820. Updated 06/16/14

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Jul 012013

G6

Brake lights go on when pedal is not pressed, goes off when you step on the brake. Also, cruise control shuts off automatically while driving or will not engage at all.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA