CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 032013

G6

Brakes lights turn on while accelerating and turn off when brake pedal is depressed. Sometimes have a problem shifting out of park. Cruise control also shuts off randomly.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Oct 022013

G6

When I start the car the brake lights come on and stay on most of the time, without touching the brake petal. When I do touch the petal they go out. Also the cruse control stopped working about the same time. I had a mechanic look at it but he couldn't find the problem. I will get a hold of G.M. and try to find the problem. I'm afraid to drive it the way the stop lights work-backwards-

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

Oct 122013

G6

Last week I was following my son down the highway when I noticed his brake lights were on while driving. I also noticed that when we approached a stop light, his brake lights went off. I have no idea how long he had been driving his vehicle with no brakes lights while braking. Hindsight, most likely, when when his cruise control stopped working (early summer). He is a college student that attends a university 3 hours from home and travels the interstate frequently. This is an extremely dangerous situation and I find it very negligent that there has not been a recall on this faulty sensor. Would any employee of General Motors want their child driving a vehicle with no brake lights? please put a recall on these vehicles for this problem.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Sep 192013

G6

Brake lights always appear on when driving, brake lights go off when brake pedal is pressed. Because my vehicle shows that the brake lights are always on it effects my cruise control and it will not engage when driving. I have been pulled over and close calls of being hit because when I am actually braking, it shows I am not so vehicles behind me do not know I am applying the brakes

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Feb 082013

G6

My brakes lights are staying on while the brake pedal is not pressed and going off when it is.ive replaced the brake switch still not working. The cruise control will not work. When you press the brake pedal the wheel shakes a little bit and the car likes to pull to one side. After reading a few of these reviews and noticing that everyone is having the same issues, somethings needs to be done about this it is not safe for my family to be driving this car the way it is. Im afraid that nothing is going to be done in time until it is to late for someone.

- Dresden, OH, USA

Sep 012012

G6

The brake lights on my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT do not operate as they should most of the time. The brake lights come on when the car is running even though the brakes are not being applied, then when I do brake the lights turn off(sometimes they will flash and come back on). This has nearly caused me to be rear ended on multiple occasions with cars swerving out of the lane behind me more than once to avoid hitting the car. Also, this being a smaller issue, when the brake lights are on while I am driving I cannot engage the cruise control or if it has been engaged with the brake lights off when they come on they disengage it.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA

Aug 262013

G6

I was told by a person following me that my brake lights we always illuminated, then whe I actually applied brake pedal the lights went out. Also, to start cruise control I must tap my brake before it will engage. Then, after it is engaged, it will turn off by itself within 15-30 seconds.

- Oakdale, PA, USA

Jul 252013

G6

Brake lights were reported on while I'm not depressing the brake pedal and going off when I press the brakes in. I started having trouble shifting out of park, and my cruise control works intermittently.

- Akron, OH, USA

Jul 022012

G6

A year ago during very hot weather in wi the cruise control would not work. After the heat subsided the cruise control worked again regularly. In the last couple weeks cruise control was not working again. Friends following me one day said my brake lights seemed to be on when driving and off when braking. A local mechanic replaced the stop light switch after receiving the code during a diagnostic test. I was informed he could not troubleshoot the cruise control problem and it would need to be seen by a dealer. This is very concerning if other drivers cannot see I'm braking when following. What is being done to remedy this problem that appears to be a nuisance for many others?

- Elkhorn, WI, USA

Feb 062012

G6 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the brake lights would illuminate when the brake pedal was not being depressed and they would not illuminate when the brakes were being depressed. The contact also stated that the cruise control would independently activate and deactivate when the brakes were being depressed. The failure mileage was unknown, but the current mileage was 75,000.

- Adrian, MI, USA

May 252010

G6 6-cyl

While driving my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT sedan I had someone flag my attention. He said that my brake lights were on while I was driving and shut off when I was actually braking at a stop light. Also, the cruise control was no longer in operation during this period of time. I had the brake switch replaced on my car. The problem still occurred at random. I have also been stuck in a few parking lots not being able to shift my car out of park. I had to re start my car several times and wait for a prolonged period before the car was able to shift to reverse so I could leave. I was alone in the dark on a snowy night for 30 minutes in a deserted parking lot the first time it happened. The brake light malfunction comes and goes throughout the years subsiding for a short periods of time but then returns at any given moment. This spring, the problem has returned non-stop and I have again, been flagged down by 3 other drivers to inform me of my brake lights being on while driving and going off when actually braking. I have also been followed too close by many drivers and cut off in traffic several times. The problem with the rear brake lights going on and off at the wrong times has been causing this type of road rage to be aimed at me and I feel it is putting me and my passengers in danger. In addition, I am unable to use my cruise control on the car due to the rear brake lights malfunction. I feel this problem with the brake lights is seriously dangerous and could easily cause an accident by sending the wrong signals to drivers who are driving behind this vehicle.

- Crown Point, IN, USA

May 012013

G6

Driving on thehighway with the cruise on. The cruise control shut off and brake lights were illuminated withouth depressing the brake pedal. When the brake pedal was engaged the brake lights turned off. I have replaced the brake light switrch, fuses, added dieelectric grease to the nodes, removed the battery to reset the computer system. The problem will be fixed temporarily and then start again. This is incredibly unsafe. Please extend the recall to models newer than 2005. This is obviously a major issue that needs to be addressed before someone gets hurt. GM need to fix this issue with their vehicles.

- Longview, TX, USA

Feb 052013

G6

One day, without any incident, the brake lights started acting up. When not applying brake, brake lights shine. When I hit the brake, the brake lights turn off. I have had the brake switch replaced and have had dielectric grease put on conductors. The problem went away for a few months and now is back to acting up. I have read many other posts and blogs about said problem and I cannot believe that GM and the NHTSA have not done something for models newer than the 2005 G6. Someone is going to get killed because of this faulty system. I want these problems fixed before someone gets seriously hurt because of the company's negligence.

- Mt. Pleasant, SC, USA

May 072013

G6 6-cyl

I was driving down the highway with my cruise control on when it randomly turned off. The light was still on that shows that cruise control is ready to be on but it would not come back on and has been on and off since. The cruise control no longer works. My brake lights also have been acting up. While I drive without applying pressure to the brakes, the brake lights are on, but when I go to stop, they turn off.

- Boise, ID, USA

Nov 142012

G6 6-cyl

Brake lights, including the third brake light, appear to be illuminating when the brake is not applied and not illuminating when the brake is applied. They appear to be working opposite than intended. Also, cruise control disengages intermittently and cannot be reset until after the car is turned off and started again. I have replaced the wiring harness for both headlamps because the connectors overheated and caused headlamps to fail. The brake light may cause me to have an accident and will most certainly cause me to fail the state inspection. I don't understand why a further recall has not been issued other than the 2005 models. Obviously the problem is across the entire product line of G6's.

- N Chesterfield, VA, USA

Oct 042012

G6

2007 Pontiac G6, followed wife home noticed that her brake lights where always on except when she was slowing down. They appear to be the opposite way they should be..very dangerous!!!

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Apr 182013

G6 6-cyl

The service esc light came on, brake lights failed along with disabling the stability track, and cruise control.

- Rockford, MN, USA

Jan 152013

G6 6-cyl

Approximately 4 months ago my traction control light would come on randomly. After car would be shut off the warning light would go away after I re-started the vehicle. Did not think to much of it due to it being winter and thought the road conditions were causing it. Since the weather has cleared I noticed when driving on the interstate with my cruise on all of a sudden my cruise would shut off and could not get it to go back on, and again the service traction light came on until I shut off my car. Could not use my cruise at all. It wasn't till recently that someone on the road flagged me down and said that when I am driving the brake lights were on and when I brake they went out. Not good. Talked with the dealership and they said it was the brake light switch. Had that replaced but did not even fix the problem for a day. Next day the entire process started over and I am still have problems with the brakes on when I am depressing the gas and going out when I hit the brakes. Did some research and have found my other people have this same problem. I feel this should be a recall!!!! asap this is an accident waiting to happen. I also read that the BCM has fixed this problem for some but also need to be re calibrated after the part it replaced. I am going to try this and see what happens, don't really like driving my car in this condition. I hope that with all the complaints I have read on this something will be done before the accidents start happening.

- Sheboygan, WI, USA

Aug 022010

G6 6-cyl

While driving on interstate cruise control disengaged.also, brake lights come on when I'm not pressing brakes and go off when brakes are applied.

- Prairieville , LA, USA

Jan 142013

G6

Brake lights stay on intermittently when the brake pedal is not depressed, while at the same time the cruise control does not operate. The brake lamp switch was replaced, which did not resolve the problem.

- Hilliard, OH, USA