2007 Pontiac G6 engine NHTSA complaints: Vehicle Speed Control

NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Mar 022008

G6

March 2008 my car started not responding properly with my throttle pedal position. I took it to 2 car dealers under warranty to have it repaired. While in stop and go traffic the car will accelerate on it's own. It has traveled in excess of 35 mph on it's own - I usually shift the car to nuetral to get it to stop. As of July 1 / 2008 the dealer has all but given up repairing this problem. I now have parked the car because it is unsafe to drive and hired a attorny to fight GM to repair or refund my money for this car.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Oct 112007

G6 6-cyl

2007 Pontiac G6 with multiple problems since purchased. Consumer states some of the problems are rattle in passenger side door, plastic seat belt holder broke, convertible top broke, the top was up, and would not lock, the retractable motor would not put the top down or up. Vehicle accelerated violently on its own while stopped. When the vehicle accelerated suddenly, the consumer hit another vehicle.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA