NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Oct 112011

G6 6-cyl

I have had my Pontiac 2007 G6 GT for 2 years & have been very happy with it. Just 2 days ago I started smelling gasoline fumes, but couldn't see any sign of a leak so I took it to my Goodyear mechanic & they found a gas leak which would have me replace my whole fuel pump. This problem I guess is common with this type car. My mechanic said he just replaced 2 fuel pumps same model a week ago. I called the dealership to get a estimate on how much & they said that it was still under warranty up to 170,000 miles I have only 80,000. So I was very happy. Still love my car.

- Tempe, AZ, USA