NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 4 of 4)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jul 202009

G6

I purchased a brand new 2007 Pontiac G6 in 2008. The passenger side airbag light is always on. I had to replace the brake pads at 20,000 miles and the brakes are still giving me problems. When I turn the steering wheel, the car makes a crackling, loud sound. The headlight plugger had to be replaced due to them being burned out. I am very unhappy with this car. I am a single mother and I am sorry I did not research this car beforehand. I would not recommend this car to anyone. I took the car to the dealer and the price they will charge to fix everything is too expensive for me.

- Thibodaux, LA, USA

Feb 012011

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that both the driver and passenger airbag indicators would illuminate sporadically. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 07V146000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) but did not confirm if the vehicle was included in the recall. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer and the manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 51,000 and the current mileage was 53,000.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Dec 042009

G6

2007 G6 GT- the air bag service light has came on approx. 3 times requiring the module to be replaced, $700 each time good for I did purchase the extended warranty so I have not had to pay yet.

- Toney, AL, USA

Feb 152009

G6

2007 Pontiac G6. I was driving to work today morning and suddenly I heard a beeping sound. The seat belt sign on the dashboard was lit. I also get a message that says "service airbags". I have had this car for tow years now and this car has never been even in a minor accident. Am not sure what causes this message to come up. Probably my airbags are defective.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Dec 012009

G6

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6. On at least 5 occasions I have lost my power steering. Usually while backing out of a parking spot. It also happened once when I went over a frost heave. This has all been within the last month. Last night I went over another frost heave and my service air bag came on. It stayed on the next 4-5 times I drove my car. It finally shut off this afternoon.

- Gray, ME, USA

Nov 012008

G6

While turning right or left usually at a slow speed or from a complete stop making a sharp turn, the steering pops, you can hear and feel it in the steering wheel. It started at about 50,000 miles and has continued while getting gradually worse. I took it in way back when it was still under warranty and told that the steering arm needed to be replaced but I could not afford it at the time so I waited and now unfortunately my extended warranty has expired at 81,000 miles. Recently (just after my warranty expired!) the passenger air bag light keeps coming on and off while my husband or I am sitting in the passenger seat. We commute 2 hours a day on a very dangerous pass. We are very concerned about this. I will be checking with my locate dealer to find out if there is a recall on the airbag.

- Los Banos, CA, USA

Nov 152006

G6

I purchased a 2007 ponatic G6 brand new in Nov 2006 and have been having these problems from day one. General Motors and the dealership are not trying to help me and the car is a big safety hazard. Throttle body went out which makes the car shut off while U are driving(2X), steering wheel column keeps making a noise when I turn back up or pull forward(all the time), windshield wipers completely stopped working(1X), remote start and keyless entry doesn't work(has been replaced over two times and still doesn't work) display screen says my air bags are deployed and no im scared to drive my car.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jun 152009

G6

I bought a 2007 Pontiac G6 used in June of 2008 with 15,000 miles. Since I have had tons of warranty work done. But the issue I am having now is with the air bag light in the dash coming on and the radio saying service air bag soon. It fist happened about a month after we bout the car. So when I took it in for service it was one of the warranty items that I wanted to be fixed. When I said something about it the service manager said there was nothing they could do unless the light was on, and bring it back when it came on again. Well the next time it came on was about 6 months later. I was out of town and didn't know where to even try and take it. So it came on again about 2 weeks ago with 37,500 miles on it now. So I take it back were I normally get it serviced and purchased the car, being as it is on my way home. Well they say that the service manager that wasn't there any longer didn't make a note of it so it would come out of pocket and at $88 just to plug the computer to it and me being flat broke I couldn't do it. All I want is it to be fixed at no cost to me. And they won't do it due to lack of ability on the previous service manager. They gave me GM's number to call and see if I could get good will warranty but they said no as well. This ins all only 1500 miles out of warranty. No one has got hurt yet but I am afraid that if I am going up the road one day and get into an accident with my family in my car. The air bag may not deploy and someone will get hurt.

- Dewitt, VA, USA

Feb 282009

G6

I was driving came across 4 deer, hit two of them damaged my front end(hood, bumper, passenger side front panel, passenger side head light) and my air bags did not deploy.

- Ransom, IL, USA

Dec 022006

G6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. At 55 mph the vehicle struck a deer on the highway. The air bags did not deploy. The front side of the vehicle and the hood were damaged. Also, passengers sustained injuries. The weather conditions were favorable. The contact could provide a police report and pictures. The current and failure mileage were 500. The consumer states there are 5 sensor points, 3 sensor points hit during the accident. Update/23/07 *

- Erie, PA, USA