NHTSA — Engine Problems

2008 Pontiac G6 (Page 2 of 2) Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2008 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model years.

2008 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Pontiac G6:

2008 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 062014

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. The contact stated while driving approximately 15 mph, the engine warning indicator remained illuminated. The failure recurred seven times. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician detected a trouble code related to the exhaust camshaft position sensor. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 82,350.

- Walled Lake, MI, USA

Jun 102013

Rough engine idle, misfire (dtc P0300) or noise from engine compartment. ( NHTSA item number - 10024543 ).

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Nov 152012

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that after starting the engine, it stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for inspection and they stated the gear shift lever needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. In addition, NHTSA campaign id number: 12V460000 (power train) was issued after the repairs were completed. The failure mileage was 113,304.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Nov 122012

G6 6-cyl

My car was involved in the safety recall 12106. I found this information out via internet prior to the recall taking affect by GM. I took my car into the service dept after being stranded for several hours and having my car towed they stated it was just a bad battery and never even looked at the transmission cable and released my car to my father who is not the legal owner, never even spoke to me. The next day I was stranded again with my small children for a couple of hours in the cold. Had my car towed again to the service dept where they finally looked at the transmission cable. Argued with me that my car was not involved in the recall although I knew it was. I paid for it to be fixed $467.41. They released my vehicle to me several days later as they didn't have anyone for a few days to look at the car. Released the first time unfixed and unsafe and not even to the legal owner which is a huge liability. I took my car to les swab and paid over $100 for a new battery that wasn't needed only to be stranded again the very next day. When we took my car in the first time we told them what was wrong due to the recall I found online and they never even looked at the transmission cable per the service manager. This whole process took about a week and a half. They did provide me a rental car for 3 days which they covered. This was a very stressful situation and no one believed me that there was a recall. Recalls should really be put out asap as I happened to have this issue prior to the release date of the recall. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and have been told I should consult with a lawyer for releasing my car unfixed, unsafe and not to the legal owner. I should be compensated for my time, stress and their lack of responsibility for releasing my vehicle unsafe.

- Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Oct 012012

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, she noticed an abnormal rattling noise coming from the engine. She also noticed that the vehicle was losing power as the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to several independent mechanics who all informed her that the catalytic converter would need to be replaced. The contact made an appointment with the dealer to have the vehicle diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure but offered no assistance to the contact. The failure mileage was 87,000 and the current mileage was 90,000.

- Osage Beach, MO, USA

Sep 012012

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that while traveling 25 mph, the engine overheated and the oil leaked. The contact also stated that the driver side headlight and the horn failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the VIN was unknown. The failure and current mileages were 74,000.

- Eerie, PA, USA