NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2008 Pontiac G6 (Page 3 of 3) Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2008 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model years.

2008 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Pontiac G6:

2008 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 182011

G6 6-cyl

First the rear door actuator worked 50% of time.then 0%. cruise worked intermittent. Brake lights on while driving.hence stuck on. Passenger side airbag module faulty. Inopt. In that order. Al have to be related and its a known problem in Pontiac. And GM wants 730 to replace module 232 for door actuator.its B.S recall 2008 G6. They have recalled G8 for similar problems.

- Lewiston, MI, USA

Nov 042012

I noticed the cruise control going off on its own agenda. I was told by another driver that the brake lights were coming on while traveling down the highway. Had a dealer look into the problem and the switch was replaced. Still does it with 56K miles on it. I am a mechanic and what a bad design. GM needs to step up a get the switch redesigned before somebody gets seriously hurt.

- Ault, CO, USA

Sep 162012

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the driver was traveling at an unknown speed when the accelerator pedal became stuck in open throttle, causing the vehicle to accelerate to 107 mph. The vehicle rolled over a dip in the road, left the road, went airborne, rolled over five times and landed upside down on its roof. The air bags failed to deploy. The driver was fatally injured. The manufacturer as well as with the highway patrol was investigating the crash. The mileage and VIN were unavailable.

- Statham, GA, USA

Mar 142012

My 2008 Pontiac G6's brake lights are intermittently staying on when I am not pushing on the brake and then they goes off when I am pushing on the brake. I see that there was a recall on the 2005 and 2006 models but not the 2008. This is a danger to me. I believe that this should be a recall and/or that GM should pay to have this problem fixed before it causes a wreck. Also my cruise control works only part of the time, which may be related.

- Lewistown, IL, USA

Jul 212011

G6 6-cyl

I own a 2008 Pontiac G6, I have been experiencing problems with my brake lights. The brake lights will come on automatically without touching the brakes. When I step on the brake, they shut off only to come back on in a short time. The cruise control is also affected by this. Cruise control will shut off when brake lights are on. I had changed the brake switch thinking this would fix the problem. It did nothing. I then brought it in and had it calibrated. This seemed to fix it, however, now the brake lights continually stay on without touching the brake. My traction light also stays on and will not shut off when pressing the traction button. I strongly suggest something be done by GM to help with this issue. I have read many stories like my own about the same thing and nothing is being done. This is a huge safety issue in that drivers behind you may not be aware that you are braking and could cause a crash.

- Duluth, MN, USA

Jan 012009

My 2008 Pontiac G6 cruise control works intermittently for the past year. I use it when it works and keep it off when it does not want to engage. In the past months, my brake lights stay on when the brakes are not engaged; once I engage the brakes, the lights go out completely. This issue is intermittent as well.

- Arlington, WA, USA