NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2009 Pontiac G6 (Page 2 of 2)

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 is starting to have the same problems as previous model years, including the headlights blowing out due to bad connectors.

The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.

2.5

2009 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G6:

2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 312013

G6

Cruise control working and then all the sudden turns off and sometimes will not set unless you lift up on the brake pedal and/or after car has been turned off it seems to reset?!!

- Cadyville, NY, USA

Jul 202013

G6

2009 Pontiac G6 I got on the highway and tried to switch on the cruise control and it wouldn't work so I pulled over to the side of the road to see what's wrong. When I got out of my car I noticed that the brake lights were on so I went back and pressed the brakes then they turned off. I started driving again but soon as I turned on the cruise control it comes on but turns right back off. But if I hit the brakes the cruise control will work again for a second then turns right back off that's when I realized that the brake lights come on when I drive but when I hit the breaks they turn off. Im only writing this because my car doesn't have 100,000 miles yet and I saw that your company started an investigation regarding this issue. I would like to know how this can be fixed because it's not just on the highway it's happening now all the time. This can be a safety issue so I'd rather get this fixed now. Please help. Thanks!

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jul 272012

G6

I noticed that the cruise control was not working, soon after that someone told me that my brake lights are on most of the time, only going off occasionally. I have tested it, and you can put the car in park and watch the lights go from off to on with out touching the break petal. (they stay on) I am going to take it in for service tomorrow. I have found out this is not an uncommon problem. This should be a recall issue. I know this problem is under investigation. There are tons of complaints.

- Nottingham, MD, USA

Apr 102013

G6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Pontiac G6. The contact stated while driving 55 mph, the passenger and driver door locks failed to function properly. The vehicle decelerated without any warning on several separate occasions. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Lincoln University , PA, USA

Jun 102013

G6

Tail lights continue to stay on. The traction control says it needs to be serviced. The cruise control does not work. Same as earlier model G6's. same as #08-05-22-009A.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Apr 012013

G6

When I press my brake pedal the lights go off but the rest of the time my lights are on (when I am not pressing the brake pedal) which has almost caused several accidents because the people behind me cannot tell when I am braking. It also causes me not to be able to use my cruise control because my cruise control thinks that I am hitting the brake which automatically turns off the cruise control.

- Fairview, TN, USA

Sep 092011

G6 6-cyl

While driving, cruise control will disengage and brake lights will flair on. Than when tap brakes, brake lights will shut off. Within a couple seconds, they will turn back on. When actually going to press on the brakes, have no brake lights than. This has also happened without using cruise control, just driving in general. Break lights will come on, than when press on the brake, they shut off. Couple seconds later, come back on. This is a huge safety issue while driving at night time(or during the daytime), not having brake lights when stopping. Do not feel safe driving with my children in the car. I have looked online, and found that I am not the only one having this issue: www.G6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?T=6657 is a forum/thread of various G6 owners complaining about this issue and also believes they have come up with what the problem is. From what it sounds like, its a connector with the BCM (body control module) and it developing corrosion.

- Sartell, MN, USA