2009 Pontiac G6 exhaust system NHTSA complaints: Engine And Engine Cooling:Exhaust System

NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System Problems

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 is starting to have the same problems as previous model years, including the headlights blowing out due to bad connectors.

The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.

2.7

2009 Pontiac G6 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G6:

2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Jun 252012

G6 6-cyl

On 6/25/12 my car was making a whining noise when steering. Dealership replaced steering gear and adjusted "front toe" and gear assembly. (according to the work order. ). on 8/27/15 I had to take my vehicle for repair due to a very loud whining sound. When I started the car that morning there was still the loud whining sound and a clunking sound. The repair was complete power steering rack & pinion. Total repair bill was $929.44. In addition I have had to have two repairs to exhaust gasket. (one 4/25/15 and another one on 8/18/15). I am attaching all repair bills, title, etc for your review.

- Lansing, MI, USA