NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 is starting to have the same problems as previous model years, including the headlights blowing out due to bad connectors.

The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.

2009 Pontiac G6 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G6:

2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Jan 252013

G6 4-cyl

The seatbelt light appears on the dash and the chimes occurs even when the seatbelt is engaged. This is a safety feature of the vehicle. The vehicle has 64,000 miles on it and this part should be working as it is required by the state and federal laws. This appears to be a manufacture defects and should be covered under the warranty. However, the dealership wants to charge me for a new seat belt assembly.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Sep 082010

G6

Driving my Pontiac G6 2009 leaving a parking space in shopping center driving down isle car came across I tried to get out the way and hit parking lot lite pole. Was wearing my seat belt it failed and I hit steering wheel very hard. Ended up with 3 fracture ribs and whip lash of the chest. Dealer would not do anything about my complaint of seat belt failure. Called GM and they are not acting fast enough for me. I'm driving this car around knowing my seat belt is not working.

- Chesterfield, , MI, USA