CarComplaints.com Notes: We are rating the 2009 Pontiac G6 as "Pretty Good", but very tentatively because of the serious problems that prior model years have.

The only real problem showing up so far with the 2009 G6 is headlights blow out more frequently than normal. The blown headlight problem seems to be due to bad connectors.

The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.

9.5

1. recall from GM would be great!!! (4 reports)
2009 Pontiac G6 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G6:

2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Nov 252013

G6

THANKSGIVING weekend really. I want to go home from school before the snow starts and now my car is messed up and it will cost $600.00 to repair. I am a broke college student with no money soooooo I have to call my wonderful parents. This should have been recalled on every vehicle and the company knew of this problem since the 2005 models were consistently a problem. Want to talk about just make that money no matter the expense or cost of a person life. REALLY.....

- , Portage, IN, USA

Oct 192012

G6

We were told by the local chevrolet dealer that they had a memo on this problem and that if it occurred the steering column should be replaced at about $600. My daughter drives this car and I can't allow her to continue driving it if we don't know if it will continue happening...seems rather dangerous.

Soooo, here goes 600 bucks.

- , Hereford, TX, USA

Jan 302012

G6

Power Steering went completly out while driving, first time on 1/30/2012. Took to a garage, who found code C0545, and re-calibrated. Worked until on 2/4/2012 that again while driving stopped working. My 16 year old daughter drives this care. Will someone have to be seriously hurt before anyone takes action. GM know about this problem. How do I know that they did not use old inventory of a bad component, that they were fully aware of? Show me the quality control records to indicate they did not know they still had problems since 2006!

- , South Vienna, Ohio, USA

Jul 102011

G6 3.2L V6

THE TRANSMISSION AND POWER STEERING WENT AT SAME TIME ON SAME DAY. WHAT IS THIS? IS THIS WHY THEY STOP PRODUCTION ON PONTIAC. DID THEY KNOW NO ONE WOULD WANT ONE AFTER THESE WERE OUT FOR AWHILE. I THINK GM SHOULD REPLACE THESE FREE OF CHARGE WITH EQUAL PRICE AND VALUE CAR. I LOVE PONTIACS HAVE OWNED 2 AND I AM THE 1ST OWNER OF THIS ONE BUT THESE THINGS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING WITH THIS LOW MILES

- , Wright City, MO, USA