NHTSA — Wheels Problems Notes: The 2009 is starting to have the same problems as previous model years, including the headlights blowing out due to bad connectors.

The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.

2009 Pontiac G6 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G6:

2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Jul 162010

I have wanted one of these cars since they first come out before I bought it, but now I hate it!! I have replaced the hubs 4 times on one side and twice on the other, thank goodness the first time the left side was replaced it was covered by a warranty, I called GM someone was suppose to get back with me but of chorus I've heard nothing, also have replaced headlights numerous times and wiring harness once because it was fried. This car has been nothing but trouble since I got it, I will be buying another car soon and it won't be a GM or Pontiac I promise you that!!

- Russell Springs , KY, USA

Feb 062013

G6 6-cyl

As I was driving around a curve another vehicle was on my lane heading the opposite direction as me so I turns quickly to avoid collision and I lost control of the brakes and wheels. Upon impact with a light post no air bags on my side came out.

- Bridgeton, NJ, USA

Nov 212011

G6 4-cyl

Vehicle has approximately 50000. Since approximately 35000 miles, the lugs on the front passenger side wheel have came loose, for no apparent reason causing the vehicle to shake at around 25mph.

- De Soto, IL, USA