NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2010 Pontiac G6 (Page 2 of 2)

2010 Pontiac G6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Pontiac G6:

2010 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 162014

While on the highway multiple indicators suddenly alerted me to issues with the power steering, ESC system, airbags and traction control systems. The gauges all maxed out and then failed entirely. This was at approximately 70K miles I had the vehicle towed and the repair shop indicated there were no codes that registered during their diagnostic. I was advised there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. I drove the vehicle home and for approximately a month later the issue occurred again, this time my speedometer and all dash functions ceased to work, the same alerts came on and this time the vehicle would lurch into gear and sounded as if it was going to stall out. While I am still able to drive it, I am not able to tell how fast I am going nor do I feel that it is safe to operate the vehicle. I have checked the recall lists and it appears the 2010 Pontiac G6 is not amongst the vehicles being recalled. This is absurd and a danger to every single person on the road while these cars are being driven. GM needs to own up to it's mistakes and correct them in order to retain customers and save lives.

- Columbus , OH, USA

Feb 012014

G6 4-cyl

While driving the car down the street the power steering/power assist fails and the car is impossible to control. When going around a curve the car could exit the roadway. Stopping, turning off the car and turning it back will rectify the problem temporarily.

- Hillsboro, OH, USA

Dec 102013

2010 Pontiac G6 it started out when I would start my car a light would come on, the dashboard that said ESC off, then power steering. I would turn off car and turned back on and it would be fine the information went off. It is getting worse I have no power steering, sometimes when I'm driving down the highway I have almost wrecked it was very scary.I got on the internet and I see where there has been a thousands of complaints about this issue the very same problems I'm having with the 2010 Pontiac G 6. I had my car looked at and the dealer ship said it was in the steering column and the steering column cost 1200 dollars I haven't had it fixed yet, I don't have 1200 dollars.I see the 2009 Pontiac G6 had a recall on the very same issue, please help us 2010 Pontiac G 6 owners and have this year re called as well we can not afford to have this fixed. Pontiac does this to us General Motors needs to help. P for someone is in a serious accident and people lose their lives.please look into this problem as soon as possible P for people die.

- Washington, IN, USA

Jan 062014

G6 4-cyl

4 days ago day upon starting the vehicle coming from the gym the power steering started going out. Since then it has lost all power steering while driving. This is a very serious safety issue. I've done enough research and noticed there is a recall on this model up until 2009 model year but not on the 2010? there really needs to be a recall on the 2010 Pontiac G6 because it appears to be very common amongst us G6 owners. GM needs to own up to this and make these vehicles safe before someone or myself get seriously hurt. Also the service ESC message has been appearing as well and "ESC off" light is on. Please help to get this issue resolved. I have made an appointment for tomorrow or Monday if they can get me in. Of course I'll have to pay for it because no recall has been issued for this model. Seems I'm not the only one with this problem and lack of or loss of steering could cause a major issue!

- Roper, NC, USA

Jul 222013

Low traction light and ESC lights have come on at random during low speed with-out applying the brake, while the car is in park and while driving on dry pavement at low speed without the wheels losing traction. No code error detected when the code programmer was ran and the code error automatically self clears after turning the ignition off then turning back on. The problem has occurred during times of extreme heat greater than 98 outside uncertain if a computer malfunction. The brakes operate normally while operating the vehicle when the code error occurs.

- Columbia, MO, USA

May 012013

G6 6-cyl

Intermittently while stopping the ABS and traction control malfunction errors come up on the dash and the traction control off light comes on. After I stop and release the brakes the lights turn off. I have taken it to a local service station and to the dealer the only code registered was C0561 which, from what I have been told, is another computer telling the brake controller to disable the ABS or a communication failure. I have also had onstar run the codes as it happened and they only had the one code. This happens intermittently and sometimes 2 to 3 times during one drive. So far it has only happened at low speed, but I am concerned that it may happen when the ABS or traction control are needed.

- Greenburg, PA, USA

Mar 182013

The other day my wife and I were going down the road and as I was going into a curve I lost my power steering almost hit the bank and since then I cant even drive it because of the power steering going I think this should be a recall because we could have got injured or even worse killed this should be a safety recall before someone gets hurt or they do and they sue GM for this safety issue and when I go to the dealer ship I will not pay for it and if I do GM will hear about it.

- Bakersville , NC, USA