NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2010 Pontiac G6 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Pontiac G6:

2010 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

May 092016

On May 9, 2016, I was heading to my home when my car stalled briefly in the middle of a major roadway, 220 North, cumberland, Maryland 21502. Luckily my vehicle re-engaged within a minute in order for me to avoid being hit by any tractor and trailer traffic that was steadily approaching me. Needless to say I was petrified during this time thing I was going to be demolished and die in my car!!! there is an issue with the relay connection from the fuse box in the trunk of the pontiact G 6 to the fuel pump which has caused my car to not start on several occassions. We have had it looked at and from everything we have seen and done nothing fixes this problem, not even replacing the fuse box, fuel pump, fuses, etc. Yesterday was the first time it semi stalled in the middle of a major roadway almost causing a major accident. This is a Pontiac issue I have seen several complaints of this issue with this vehicle online. This is a safety hazard and needs to be dealt with through a recal from the Pontiac manufacturer. And from what I have researched and found that replacing the wiring harness and fuse box is only a temporary fix so if ponitaic is unable to fix this serious problem, they need to trade all Pontiac G6 for a vehicle of equal value!!! at this point I am thoroughly frustrated and pissed off with this problem that has not been recalled on these vehicles!!! it is a shame that it will take someone losing their life for the problem to be handled!!! I have had this problem for quite some time now with no permanent soluation, I have missed work due to this problem and have been late on several occassions due to this problem. The worst thing that has happened was yesterday on a major roadway stalling with tractor and trailer traffic coming up behind me.

- Cumberland, MD, USA