NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

1.9

2010 Pontiac G6 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Pontiac G6:

2010 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Apr 022016

G6

Shift cable will not allow vehicle to be placed in park. Indicator does not indicate correct gear. Vehicle will roll after shift lever is put in park. Other G6S with 4 speed auto have been recalled, but mine has 6 speed auto.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Dec 012015

G6

This has happened on more than one occassions and after doing a search on the interenet I have found others who have had the same problem. My car starts but it does not turn over all the way. It will do this several times then it finally starts. The battery is brand new and is very strong, and like I mentioned it starts and is strong it just does not turn all the way over. Alternator is fine, etc. Believed to be some type of electrical issue.

- Cumberland, MD, USA

Jun 262015

G6

I went to get out of my car and the door handle wouldn't let me out(drivers side). My car shows its unlocked, yet it will not open the door. Finally, the door opened up. But again, after grocery shopping, my car failed to let me in!! I was stranded at walmart for a good 20 minutes before the door decided to start working again! this is a serious malfunction with GM cars! I looked up my problem, and it seems to be a reoccuring thing with GM. Why are they not recalling this?! I do not have a key fob, and the only way to unlock my car is from the drivers side, which is the side that will not open! I have to keep my doors unlocked every where I go as of now bc of this stupid malfunction problem! how embarrassing to be 24 and have to climb over from your passenger seat to drive your car. This problem should be resolved by GM!

- Knoxville, TN, USA