NHTSA — Structure Problems

4.7

2005 Pontiac GTO body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Pontiac GTO:

2005 Pontiac GTO Owner Comments

Mar 062008

GTO 8-cyl

I purchased the 2005 Pontiac GTO used in 2007. It had 13,000 miles. I rotated the tires myself at 17,500 miles. I noticed slight rub on strut tower and unusual wear - minor accelerated wear on inner edges, feathering of tread. At approximately 21,000 miles, I had an alignment done. At 23,000, I noticed extensive wear on the inner edge (cord showing on all 4 tires). I suspect the original owner had camber set to positive value to prevent rub/wear. When I had the alignment done, the rubbing resumed. Of course, dealership denied the rubbing.

- Greenwood, SC, USA