Transmission Died Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

1. have to get a new transmission (1 reports)
1999 Pontiac Grand Am transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am:

1999 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Mar 312008

Grand Am GT 3.4L V6

So this morning it's raining cats and dogs and I notice that my car is not accelerating as fast as it should be. But I just attribute that to all the rain and that my tires were slipping. But then when I am leaving work and the roads are dry on the interstate I notice the same problem. I try to accelerate and the RPMs go high but the speed barely increases. So after speaking with my father on the phone, since I don't know cars, he thinks it's the transmission. So I take it into Certified Transmissions and they give me a free diagnostic and then tell me it is 'internally failing'. Translation: it took a sh*t. I guess it is slipping and shuddering in all of the gears. They want me to buy a remanufactured one from them for $2300-$2500 but my father seems to think that's outrageous so we are going to look else where. And the best part of all this is that my extended warranty just ended 4 months ago!

- , Council Bluffs, IA, USA