Blinker/Hazard Make Noise When Off

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

6.5

2. replace hazard switch (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am:

2000 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

May 152012

Grand Am GT1 3.4L V6

The most bothersome problem to have was an issue where the flashers and hazard noise would pop on for no apparent reason. My hazards were off but whenever I would hit a bump in the road, the dash sounds like the L/R signals were on. Sometimes the speed would expedite and just make the flashing noise faster and then it would slow down or act sporadic. I think there was a recall but thank God! that it went off on its own and never happened again.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 012012

Grand Am SE 3.4L

As everyone else said.....damn things keeps making noise even when off! very annoying

- , Schenectady, NY, USA

Aug 252010

Grand Am GT 3.4L V6

I called Pontiac about the recall to fix this problem. They said they already did it to my particular car. I told them apparently something wasnt done right cause its still broke. They wanted me to pay them $50 to just look at the car then they would decide if its their fault or not. Regardless i would have to pay $50 although the switch cost $19.

- , Knoxville, IA, USA

Dec 012007

Grand Am

So.... I have the same problem. The annoying blinker noise when my blinker isn't even on. Every single person who rides in my car for the first time asks if i forgot to turn the blinker off. Eventually i just turn my music up, but still hear it! Now my passenger window wont go down. I figure it has something to do with it. Like an electrical short. Anyway, I'm annoyed beyond belief.

- , Van Buren, AR, USA

Aug 252005

Grand Am SE 3.4L V6

Again, the non-stop clicking is enough to drive you absolutely mad. I too, had the recall work completed on the switch only to have the annoying clicking to listen to all day, every day.

- , Evansville, IN, USA

Aug 282007

Grand Am ES 3.2L

This clicking noise is sooo annoying,,, to the point , I dont want to use my directional signal any longer. It drove us nuts so badly one day ,, we figured out , that, if we stuff a quarter in between the hazard button { just right } it stops clicking !!! But, the blinkers dont work after........ oh well,,, peace of mind while driving. GGRRRRRRR

- , Augusta, ME, USA

Oct 042007

Grand Am SE V6

The first time the random blinker noise happened was around 40,000 miles during the summer of 2004. The blinker was replaced as a recall, but over the past couple years the random blinker noise has gone off every now and again. For the past week and a half (today is 10/4/07 and my car now has 145,000) the random blinker noise has been driving me nuts every time I go anywhere! Other than that the car still runs like a champ.

- , Littleton, CO, USA

Mar 302007

Grand Am GT 1 3.4L V6

This is really annoying! I took my car in for the recall on the blinker system, Pontiac FINALLY decided that it affected my car also. It worked sometimes and sometimes not. They put a new switch in and it worked great for about 6 months and then it started making a clicking sound when I didn't have them turned on. I happens on a daily basis for a while and then will quit for a while.

- , Greenwood, AR, USA