Brakes Squeak Constantly Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2000 Pontiac Grand Am brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am:

2000 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Dec 012012

Grand Am GT1 3.4L V6

My car had replaced front brake pads in early 2012 from Big O Tires. Now I have been hearing a grinding, squeaking noise when pushing in on my brakes lightly or softly. When releasing on the brake, it seems like it sticks and the noise is just not pleasant to hear from the inside for my passengers (myself) nor anyone out near my car. I took back to the place where y brakes were fixed and they did not identify an issue; mainly because it's under warranty and they don't want to fix their own mistakes, -_- wish I knew about cars so I could fix it myself.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Feb 272006

Grand Am SE 2.4L

I can't explain what causes this, but even with brand new brake pads, the brakes have always been squeaky on my Grand Am. It's been quite embarassing in some situations, such as when a young relative told me "Your car stops like a freight train!" I had the brakes re-inspected by a different mechanic than the one who installed the brake pads, and they did not see anything wrong.

- , Hubert, NC, USA