Engine Cuts Out Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2. replace fuse (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am:

2000 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Dec 102013

Grand Am CP

I drive down the road for about 10 miles and the car loses all power, I have replaced inaction CPC gas cap and still having problems. After replacing it I got to drive it 266 miles before it lost all power again!!!

- , Huntsville, TN, USA

Feb 082011

Grand Am 3.4L

I used to have the same problem with my car, I would go to start it and it would sound like it was going to start and than shut off and the security light would blink, and than after about ten minutes the car would suddenly start up just fine? there is a defect in the security system, when the passlock system thinks someone is stealing the car, it shuts down the fuel filter, so the car is unable to run. It is a security feature on this car, that for some reason they did not recall. All I did was pull out the stereo/cd player, there is a wire running from the passlock system to the ignition, I cut it. This actually disables the security system all together, which I live in a place where I don't really have to worry about theft so this works for me, but actually fixing the problem is pretty simple but a little time consuming. Remove the dash to get to that same wire I was talking about earlier and change the fuse. The wire runs from the ignition back over to the firewall on the passenger side of the car. It's the only fuse on the wire, all you have to do is change that one $5 fuse and the problem will go away! Again it's a very simple fix, it's just a pain in the butt to get to it! My car has not done it for almost 2 years now. hope this saves some time for others, I know it drove me nuts for months!

- , Pen Argyl, PA, USA

Oct 062009

Grand Am GT 3.4L V6

I bought a Grand Am GT 2000 from a friend, but the car runs 5 miles and turns off... i gotta wait an hour and turns off again.... Im just tired.... mechanics say its oxygen sensor, later on ignition, fuel pump... or whatever... I´ve spent a lot... anyone with the same problem who can gimme advice?

- , La, CA, USA