6.0

2. replace fuel pressure regulator (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Grand Am fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am:

2000 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Mar 252010

Grand Am GT 3.4L V6

Not sure why this part went, but whenever my car was idling, especially with the A/C or heater on, I could smell gas throughout the cabin of my car. I looked under the hood and noticed liquid stains on this part. I smelled the liquid and it was definitely gas. Very easy part to replace yourself with, I believe, 10mm socket? Make sure to DEPRESSURIZE FUEL LINE first. This part pops off with a couple of bolts, and you can just put the new part in place of it. Ba-da-bing :)

- , Ellington, CT, USA

May 052008

Grand Am 130000

i don't know what the problem is but my car smells like gas is leaking. help!

- , San Mateo, CA, USA