NHTSA — Equipment Problems Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2001 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am:

2001 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Aug 042011

Grand Am

Vats the anti theft that locks up GM cars because of the sercuity chip that's in the key people have got robbed sitting in a parking lot waiting on they car to start or for some one to come get them.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Feb 232011

Grand Am 6-cyl

2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT wont start. Turn the key to start and nothing. After a day then the car will start... when the car start you can hear the gas pump turn on... when the problem starts there is nothing.

- Adelanto, CA, USA

Jul 152010

Grand Am

Car won't start. Leaves me (widow) stranded wherever I am, awaiting tow truck. These are what have been repeated culprits - defective pass door lock, defective hazard switch (2 replacements) faulty ignition switch (2 replacements), faulty ignition pass lock sensor... this car has alot of faulty replaced over and over again since 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2010... latest replacement of faulty pass door lock sensor is listed below...

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA

Jul 052008

Grand Am

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am that I have had issues with since I bought the car. Now for the second tim in three years I have had to replace the passlock sensor and the ignition switch cylinder. This fix has cost me over $700 each time not including the tow. I am a mother of two kids that works full-time and goes to school part time, this problem has drained me of money that I use to support my children. I have missed work and school because of this problem. There are forums that I have looked at and read with people going through the same issue. I have taken it to a GM dealer and also a mechanic in order to fix this problem that's when I realized it was the same issue. I compared notes. I believe that this is going to be happening again in the next few years according to my mechanic, who has also heard people discussing this same issue.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Sep 282001

Grand Am

The very same problems/issues are occurring with/in my 2001 Pontiac Grand Am. I am the only owner of my vehicle and have experienced every single issue others have wrote about. From the security issue to the driver side seat not moving at all..... GM really needs to research/investigate these matters and place re-calls on all of them asap. This is a very serious matter and apparently they are overlooking this completely.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jun 152003

Grand Am

I own a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am. I have experienced several of the same problems/issues noted in previous complaints. My 1 and 2 function on the fan is no longer working, the turn signals appear to have a short/wiring problem, the driver and passenger side window motor/brackets needed to be replaced, the driver seat adjuster is broken, the(gear shaft) button that puts the car in gear(P, R, N, D) pops out frequently, driver floor has been soak and wet periodically, and numerous braking system problems(need to replace rotors and brake pads frequently, had to replace brake calipers/hubs/wheel bearings). The only problem that was covered under a recall was the turning switch, which the problem has re-occurred. I would like to see the manufacturer cover these problems that have become repetitive in several other vehicles.

- Chaptico, MD, USA

Jan 152002

Grand Am 4-cyl

The A/C- heater speed control selection 1 and 2 stopped working in 2002 shortly after I purchased my vehicle. On April 10,2006, the selections 3 and 4 are also not working. This is now the 9th probolem I've had with my vehicle. To include both power window brackets breaking, my hazard flasher, transmission, steering, and A/C. I've unknowingly had jackson auto group of Hawaii do repairs without so much as a word about the recalls. What proactive steps have been taken to notify the dealers about the recalls and defects?

- Kaneohe Bay, HI, USA

May 042003

Grand Am 4-cyl

To whom it may concern: I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am that has problems starting. Every time I try to start my car the security light comes on and I have to sit their for ten minutes while it resets itself. I wouldn't have mind if it was only once, but it's not. It continually does it. I'm not the only one having this problem. Many people who I have spoken to with a Pontiac Grand Am are having the same problem. Could you please look into it. Thank you very much for your time. Very truly yours, karen.

- Elkton, MD, USA

Jan 142003

Grand Am 4-cyl

Consumer stated the heater is not working, consumer was informed the heater motor was inoperative. Modes 1 and 2 inoperative. There was a continuous clicking noise. Dealer notified.

- St Louis, MO, USA