Failed Timing Chain Causing Bent Valves

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

$3,000.00

2001 Pontiac Grand Am engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am:

2001 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Nov 032006

Grand Am SE 2.4L 4 CYL

Ok.. bought a 2001 Grand Am in December 2001. Two months later my fuel pump went out. Paid $700... fixed. 6 months later computer went out...$900... fixed. Then water pump went out...$600 for water pump & timing chain... fixed. October 2005... another timing chain...$900... fixed. January 2006... Passlock Secuity System...$600... fixed. June 2006 tensioner or timing chain.. fixed free (woo hoo) & now here it is October 2006.. timing chain failed completely & threw my pistons through my valves. No more engine! If these arent the biggest piece of sh*t cars GM ever made, if not the worse of any manufacturer, I would be surprised! If anyone knows of a potential class action suit against GM please let me know! This is ridiculous! I sill have 3 payments left on a car that is only worth parts now & I have no ride at all.

- , St Joseph, MO, USA