Oil Leaking Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2001 Pontiac Grand Am engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am:

2001 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jan 012008

Grand Am GT 3.2L V6

i have had the intake valve gasket fixed at the Pontiac dealership in Jackson, ms. and it cost it was very costly.i took my car back to the dealership within 2 days to explain that my car was not fixed properly and the guy supposedly took a look at it and told me nothing was wrong that the temperature gauge will always go above the middle line and that my car is ok. well i moved back home to biloxi and i took my car to have the ignition switch replaced and they told me that i had a small intake valve oil leak. this is approx.3 months after it was fixed the first time. i called to Jackson to see if i still had warranty on this problem and was told that it was for only 90 days. very convenient!!! anyway now my car will not hold any oil in it just as fast as i put oil in it it POURS back on to the ground. i can not drive my car at all in order to get it to the mechanic. someone told me that my oil plug (?) is probably loose and was never put back in tight enough.

- , Gulfport, MS, USA