NHTSA — Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System: Rear Window Problems Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2002 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Feb 062003

Grand Am

I rented a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am on Feb. 04, 2003. It was very cold, at night, and snowing heavily. I turned on the rear defogger. It failed to clear the rear window, and I turned it on again after noticing that it had turned off. About 30 seconds later the rear window exploded; there was no projectile found. My wife, who was with me when it happened, and I believe it has to be a factory defect, and we should not be held responsible, yet we are being charged by budget, who was charged by the dealer, for the repair.

- Clarkston, MI, USA