Broken Radio Lcd Display Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2. have a new radio installed (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jan 012006

Grand Am

I hate that every time I'm in my car I have to track down my cell phone to know what time it is because the display on the dash doesn't work. Or tying to find a station to listen to I don't know if its a Spanish station or a Jazz station or who knows cause the display doesn't work.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Sep 062007

Grand Am 3.2L V6

I noticed one day that in the middle of a trip to the store my display was acting funny. I can still read the time and everything if it's night time and the dash lights are on. However it switches from side to side depending on the day of which side has light. It's like it's dim. Not completely broken, but you just can't read whatever is on the side that has decided not to light up completely that day. It's still lit up... just not bright enough to see during day light. I was told by a dealership the only solution is to have the system replaced which if I'm going to do that.... I might as well buy an after factory system. I've only had the car for a year and have had WAY too many problems. Things shouldn't be randomly going wrong on it this early. I surely wish I had known about all the problems. I vow to NEVER buy a Pontiac again.

- , Newport News, VA, USA

Jan 152007

Grand Am GT 3.4 V6

Well, yes my damn GA GT has high miles, BUT the factory installed CD/Cassette/AM/FM radio should not be affected. A radio only 4 years old breaks and cannot be fixed? The radio itself works, but the LCD display readout does not show the time, station, track number, etc... I contacted a few local dealers and they said it cannot be fixed and my only option is to buy a new one and the prices varied but were no lower than $500 (just for the radio not including labor). And, I was told that this is a normal occurrence and that one of the dealer "has loads of them sitting on a shelf with the same problem.

- , Point Marion, PA, USA