Excessive Brake Pad And Rotor Wear

2002 Pontiac Grand Am

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer. Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

1. brake pads and rotors replaced (2 reports)
  2. replace rotors and brake pads with aftermarket parts (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Am brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Nov 292013

Grand Am

This car has had brake problems since we got it. Every 30,000 miles they give out completely. We have replaced master cylinders, 3 of 4 brake lines and more rotors that the US helicopter fleet

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

Feb 012009

Grand Am SE1 V6

I had to replace the brakes and rotors on this car twice in less than a year. I don't ride my brakes and when the initial shop said the work wasn't warrantied because it looked like I had a panic stop they pulled it out of their a$$. The said the rotors were warped, but I know for a fact that never happened because I'm the only one that drives the car and I had no such incident. I don't really know why, but this car seemed to eat brakes...felt like I was constantly having issues with them for a while.

- , Liberty, MO, USA

Sep 042007

Grand Am GT V6

Within one year of purchasing this new 2002 Grand Am GT the rotors were crumbling with decay, they looked 20 years old! They replaced them under "warranty" but charged me $100.00 for pads after they said it would be covered by warranty! Well... the new rotors did the same thing... but this time I went to Auto Zone and bought the rotors and pads (all for less than Pontiac charged me for the pads alone)! No more problems since I did the repair myself!!!

- , Spring Grove, IL, USA