Electrical System Goes Bonkers Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2002 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Apr 092013

Grand Am GT 3.4L

Well I'll begin here... I was driving after washing my car the cruise control quit working as I was going down the road. this has happened a couple of times before. then I stopped to get fuel about 20min later, then when I got going again I noticed my gauges, autolocks, a/c and auto lights were not working. a few of the dash lights come on and the car still runs fine. I think it's the bcm and if so will one out of another car from a junk yard work or do I need to reprogram a new one :(

- , Norfolk, NE, USA

Mar 072011

Grand Am SE 4 cyl 2.2L

I will be driving along everything is fine then all of a sudden the airbag light will come on, once it comes on the electric immediatly goes bonker...the headlights will go brighter, the heater will crank up on its own...Sometimes the battery light will also come on...Have no clue what the hell is going on...Then the airbag light will turn back off and everything goes back to normal, then people think i am crazy when i try to explain/show them because it never does it when i need it too.

- , Moncton, NB, canada