Wheel Bearing Failure

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

9.0

1. replace wheel bearing (2 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Am wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Apr 172008

Grand Am GT 3.5L

the wheels bearing were so bad i wasn't allowed o take my car home. i didn't even have the car but 5 months and they were in that bad of shape.

- , Franklin, OH, USA

Jan 072004

Grand Am

MY 2002 GRAND AM GT HAS BEEN TO THE GARAGE FOUR TIMES FOR ABS/WHEEL PROBLEMS. UNTIL NOW THE WORK HAS BEEN COVERED UNDER WARRANTY BUT FOR A NEW WHEEL BEARING ON THE LEFT SIDE IT COST ME $400, WITH 47,000 MILES ON THE CAR. THE DEALER ALREADY REPLACED THE RIGHT SIDE BEARING AND HAD TO PUT ON A NEW CALIPER UNDER WARRANTY. GMAC WON'T STAND BEHIND THE CAR BECAUSE I COULD HAVE BOUGHT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. WHAT'S T THE SINCE OF PAYING $22,000 FOR A CAR IF IT'S A PIECE OF SH*T AT LESS THAN $50,000 MILES. THEY TELL ME I HAVE TO EXPECT TO SINK MONEY INTO MY VEHICLE. SORRY BUT EVERY OTHER CAR I HAVE OWNED, I NEVER HAD TO TAKE TO THE GARAGE OTHER THAN FOR ROUTINE SERVICE. THE CAR HAS BEEN FOR OTHER THINGS: 1. MOLDING FELL OF FRONT RIGHT SIDE, MISFIRE IN THE 6TH CYLINDER. THESE THINGS WERE FIXED UNDER WARRANTY BUT I STILL FEEL LIKE THE CARS A LEMON! NEITHER THE GARAGE/DEALER OR GMAC HAS BEEN ANY HELP. NOW THAT THE WARRANTY IS UP, I'M JUST SUPPOSED TO SUCK IT UP I GUESS. I WON'T BE PUTTING MUCH MORE MONEY INTO IT, CAUSE IT'S HEADED DOWN THE ROAD. IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THESE PROBLEMS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THEM.

- , Bradford, VT, USA