Bulb In Radio Display Has Gone Out

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

4.0

2003 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Oct 012010

Grand Am GT 3.4L

click to see larger images

bulb in radio display has gone out

The far right of the three bulbs in my stock MONSOON radio/CD/cassette has gone out. Its not a big deal, but it makes the equalizer difficult to see, especially during the day. I found the same radio at a local junkyard and tore into it. There are 3 small white bulbs soldered behind the display. You can get to them if you take out your radio, undo just short of a thousand screws and clips, and solder a new one in. I do not believe you can buy a new bulb, so go get your junkyard toolbox ready. Its really inconvenient to pull apart my dash, so I'm just going to wait until I need to for something more important to arise and fix it while I'm at it.

- , Collinsville, IL, USA