Gas Gauge Is Erratic Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

1. replace fuel sensor and sending unit (1 reports)
2003 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jan 032007

Grand Am GT V6

I have gone back to the dealership 2 times in the past month of buying my car. That is taking time out of my day! I was trying to tell then what was wrong with the gas gauge before but they wanted me to go to the gas station, fill it up, print out the receipt, drive for a few miles, and then fill it up again, like some magic number would come up saying what was wrong with the car, I may be a woman, but I do know my stuff when it comes to cars, GM cars at that, and an erratic gas gauge is problematic with GM vehicles, they knew this, but still never tested the fuel sensor/sending unit. They're telling me that its going to end up being $215 out of my pocket to fix the problem, being that its not covered by the lemon law. Before you purchase the car, have them check that first. It's a safety issue with me being that I travel a lot by car, and they still had no sympathy. Ugh I hate dealerships!!!!

- , Rochester, NY, USA