NHTSA — Power Train: Clutch Assembly: Pedal/Linkage Problems Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2003 Pontiac Grand Am clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jan 262007

Grand Am 4-cyl

A few times, as I engaged the clutch, I felt a tugging; I thought I had caught the toe of my shoe on the floor mat. Within a couple of weeks, I was driving and the clutch pedal grabbed to the floor and would not come up. When I had the car towed, they said that the cable between the clutch and pedal had disengaged; however, there were no broken parts. Within a week of the company putting the cable back in place, the same thing happened again. At 3.5 years and 55,000 miles, I had to replace the master clutch cylinder because the cable was "getting hooked up" in the cylinder.

- Middletown, CT, USA