Passlock Problem, Won't Start And Security Light Is Blinking

2003 Pontiac Grand Am (Page 2 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer. Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2. replaced ignition (3 reports)
  3. replaced ignition & passlock system (2 reports)
  4. put key into aux postion for five mins until light turns off (1 reports)
2003 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 142007

Grand Am GT1 3400 V6

i call my car the black angel of death!!! all it does is cause problems and cost money. as much of a gm fan as i am im starting to question them. its been towed several times. they pretty much have replaced everything electrical, body computer, ignition switch, passlock, new keys and still has a mind of its own. it used to honk on its own, drains the battery, it has the famous intake gasket leak, window regulators, the moonroof took a crap and wouldnt shut. the sad part is the car still has less than 45,000 miles on it.

- , Aspinwall, IA, USA

Apr 202007

Grand Am 3.2L V6

I just replaced the lifters in this car about 2 months ago in February...5 were collapsed. Then about 2 weeks ago I started having problems with it starting so I was told to replace the fuel regulator & I did. Needless to say that wasn't the problem, 3 days later it wouldn't even turn over. Luckily I had someone that new what he was dealing with & reset my security system... after sitting there over 30 minutes the car finally started. It's crazy how a security system that's suppose to help you also screws you over in the end.

- , Panama City, FL, USA

Aug 222006

Grand Am

Car would not start. Had to have towed to Ponitac dealer. High mileage on car due to long communte. Car less than 3 years old. Did give 10% discount due to me calling Ponitac. Mileage should not impact the security light.

- , San Marcos, CA, USA

Jul 162006

Grand Am SE

My security lights keeps coming on and when it starts flashing my car doesn't start. On my remote entry i unlock and lock the doors but still nothing. Its really awful and annoying. I already need rotors on my car. Unsightly lines in the driver and passengers windows from putting the up and down.

- , Newport News, VA, USA