NHTSA — Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Fuel Pump Problems Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2003 Pontiac Grand Am fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Dec 032007

Grand Am 6-cyl

Fuel pump failure. Model #FG0375.

- Holland, MI, USA

Aug 182005

Grand Am 4-cyl

My name is william watts, I have a 2003 Grand Am, I recently came back from a funeral in Mississippi going back to St. Louis mo, 3/4 of the way my car stopped, after 3 hours of waiting it was determined that my fuel pump had went out, how can a car 2 years old have a fuel pump go out, I also have friends that also say there security system is causing there fuel pumps to shut-down, why does these things happen to a car that is no older than two years, please investigate and add to your recall list, I had to get my car towed 113 miles, and paid $560 to have fuel pump replaced, I do not feel this is right, I feel that a car should last over 5 years before it breaks down

- Hazelwood, MO, USA

Jul 252003

Grand Am 6-cyl

Purchased brand new 2003 Pontiac Grand Am on July 14, 2003. Fuel pump failed two weeks later, leaving owners stranded and in need of a tow. Fuel pump was replaced, but there was 0 pressure to the fuel. After diagnostics, found loose wire at ignition module. Tightened. Car runs now.

- Kokomo, IN, USA