NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2003 Pontiac Grand Am miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Sep 032015

Grand Am

Car would not start at all when I came out of work tonight. I had no warning lights (in the past this car has been very good with showing what needed to be done). I called the security guard from my place of employment who tried to jump my battery for 40 minutes before realizing it was not the battery. My emergency light would flicker a few times and the key seemed to be stuck in the ignition. I had to jiggle it for about a minute before it would turn, but no sounds would come from the car. This was not only inconvenient, but also dangerous as the car was perfectly fine when I left it in the parking lot before work.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 022015

Grand Am

While driving at approximately 10 miles per hour, 2003 Grand Am Pontiac stops while on street nearly causing an accident. Security system light blinking. Suspected failed security system.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Oct 022013

Grand Am 6-cyl

I have to do this everytime I start the car. Turn my key to the "on" position, and wait ten minutes then turn the key to start it, and it will start after the 2nd or 3rd attempt at this. My sister bought the car for me in July 2013, and it was starting fine before October, then after October, when I go somewhere, turn off the car, and have to turn the key on and let it sit for 10 minutes, and the car starts right off. Have a warranty on it. Bought the car at Nissan of newport news, va. I moved to lychburg va and made an appointment with pinkerton Chevrolet dealership service center for Feb. 2, 2014. I am on a fixed income, and my sister is paying off the car.

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

Mar 012003

Grand Am

Cut hand/finger on door sheet metal. The metal from the outside of the door wraps around the back edge of the door and has a very sharp edge. When closing or opening the door and grabbing in this region of the door, it is very easy to get cut by the sheet metal. One incident of cutting finger.

- Canton, MI, USA