NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2004 Pontiac Grand Am fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am:

2004 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Sep 072004

Grand Am

The contact owns a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, fuel fumes emitted into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the fuel tank was leaking and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in recall NHTSA campaign number: 04V301000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Warner Robins, GA, USA

Jan 222009

Grand Am

I have a 2004 Pontiac, Grand Am. For approximately 1 week and 3 days the past week as I warm up my car in the mornings, an upon returning to leave for work every morning there are strong overpowering fumes. So strong my eyes burn and get an upset stomach. I have to roll down the windows to remain in the car. I searched the internet to assess what the problem may be and I saw that there had been a recall on 2004 Pontiac Grand Am for the same problem that I am experiencing. I have not received a recall letter.

- Marshall, TX, USA