NHTSA — Equipment Problems Seal Of Pretty Good

2005 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Pontiac Grand Am:

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Oct 292006

Grand Am 6-cyl

Pontiac Grand Am 2005, I bought this car in June 2006. Since June I have had nothing but problems. I had to have the window lock panel on the drivers side reattached, because it fell out. The engine stalls and won't start half the time. Driver side window will not roll down. Rear passenger side window leaks air constantly, and water when it rains. Brakes don't always stop and make a grinding noise. Also sometime accelerates when hitting brake. Engine makes a squeaking noise when driving it. Cruise control only works every now and then, and I have already had to change the tires. This car only has under 36,000 miles on it and all the problems are occurring. I gave almost $18,000 for this car (which was way to much anyways, but they reassured me that it was a good car, and I would have no problems out of it) and am paying $340 a month. The dealership (alex montgomery) tells me they can fix it but it is going to cost me. I don't have a job now and haven't had one since July 2006. I am expecting my third child, I am a single mother, I have no money, and they won't trade because I am unemployed you can't get a loan when your unemployed.

- Burkesville, KY, USA