1997 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Apr 142015

Grand Prix ES 3.2L V6

click to see larger images

engine fire

I received a recall on Dec 2015 stating that my Pontiac Gran Prix could catch fire in the engine due to drops of engine oil on exhaust manifold, recall #15757. TOO LATE! In April 2015 my car caught fire in the engine compartment and it was totalled. I have a police report confirming no foul play, it was an engine compartment fire. I contacted GM, they will not investigate or compensate me in any way. My car may have been old, but was running fine prior to the fire. This was my ONLY source of transportaion to work, and I am at poverty level income. How can I get compensation?????

- , Charlotte, NC, USA