NHTSA — Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System: Windshield: Heater Core Problems

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 212000

Grand Prix

08/21/2000, we had the syatem flushed out at the dealer, within two weeks we had to replace the heater core. There was an oily build up in the water, and the service manger (curtis medford) said it was a chemical reaction between the coolant and engine block. Now we're having to replace another heater core. About four months or longer, I had written NHTSA about this, and as of today(08/19/2001), I haven't heard anything from them. We can't afford to keep putting hater cores in this car every four to six months. The service manger also said that it was causing the coolant to rust. I would like someone to help us with this matter. You can contact me this week at home (828-652-9664) or connie at work (828-584-9753). The car is also listed in her name too.

- Marion, NC, USA