NHTSA — Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner Problems

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Dec 011999

Grand Prix

The seat back doesn't lock at all times. I can put on my brakes and when I don't have a passenger in the car you can see the passenger seat fall forward when the bkes are appkied and the drivers side seat will also go forward. I hospice an elderly patient with back problems and this a great concern to me. I purchased the car for this purpose of caring for my father in law who lives with my husband and I and on several occassions he has noticed this problem especially when we carry oxygen tanks in the back seat along with other medical equipment that can fly forward should I have to suddenly stop. I would like to know if this is a mantiory safty feature and if so should be taken care of immediatly at the companies expense. This car I purchased had only 22,000 miles when purchased and was a executive driven car of Pontiac and as you can see I have not put on alot of additional milage in 1 year. Your response to this would be greatly appreciated.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

Jun 031998

Grand Prix

The seat back latch does not work. If a sudden stop is made, the seat backs fall forward. Dealer has seen vehicle twice.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Apr 011998

Grand Prix

While making moderately hard stops the passenger's seatback tilted forward, allowing seatback to slide forward on its floor track, causing violent slamming.

- Atlanta, GA, USA