Anti-Theft Car Wont Start

8.0

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jan 072010

Grand Prix GT V6

I have an anit-theft radio, When I bought this vehicle I got a new cd player installed and I was on my way to work the next day and the car died like I ran out of gas. pulled the car over and called my dad, he came to give me a jump. Car wouldn't jump. Took battery out to have tested and the battery was good just low. so charged it up took it back to my car and it still would not start. Called the guy I bought it from and he came down and got the car started but would die over n over again. finally he went to the hood and pulled a fuse and car started right up and was running fine. He pulled the fuse to the radio/ heater/ all that, so he told me when I got home, put the factory radio back in and the fuse and the car should start up. Did that, NO LUCK!!! Tried ALL the tricks I could think of only with turning the ignition switch on and off unlocking the doors with keys.. NOTHINGS WORKING! Tried pulling the fuse out he pulled, NOTHING! The security light does not even come on unless I lock the car with the remote! when I try to start the car, nothing happens with the light, and the car acts like it will start but does not... Battery keeps draining out also!! WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!

- , Charleston, WV, USA