Rough Shifting

4.0

1. replace the torque converter lockup switch (1 reports)
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Nov 302009

Grand Prix Gtp Coupe 3800 V6

with this problem you can definately feel the car shifting gears when driving but most pain in the ass is on the gear shift if the rubber boot on the switch to to shift the gears is not in the right place then it locks the key in the ignition also so you have to keep messing with it until it releases your key .... That part I figured out yesterday but going to hv to hire someone who works on transmission for this problem heard is just a chip I hope so I dont think I can handle anymore repairs in one day and we thougth we were getting a deal Jokes on us!!!!! But what can I do my last baby girl loves the car just hope thats the end of it.

- , Adona, AR, USA