Cannot Get The Heat Shield Off Of The Spark Plugs

8.0

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

SURE YOU JUST ABOUT REACH ALL OF THE SPARK PLUGS BUT GOOD LUCK CHANGING THEM OUT. I PURCHASED NEW SPARK PLUGS. I HAVE ALWAYS TAKEN CARE OF MY VEHICLES BY CHANGING THE OIL REGULARLY MYSELF, ADDING AND CHECKING ALL FLUIDS, CHANGING FILTERS AND WHAT HAVE YOU, I HAVE ALL OF THE RECEIPTS. MY CAR WAS HESITATING UPON ACCELERATION AND THE ONLY THING THAT I HAD NOT DONE TO THE CAR WAS THE SPARK PLUGS BUT WHEN I TRIED TO REMOVE THEM, I FOUND IT IMPOSSIBLE DO TO THE FREAKING HEAT SHIELD THAT GM INSTALLED. LET ME TELL YOU I DO NOT GIVE UP EASY EITHER. FINALLY OUT OF FRUSTRATION, I EXCHANGED THE SPARK PLUGS FOR SOMETHING ELSE. THE MANUALS I HAVE LOOKED IN AND SITES THAT I HAVE LOOKED ON DO NOT GIVE A DETAILED INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO REMOVE THE HEAT SHIELDS.

- , Irving, TX, USA