Rod Knocking In Engine

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

1. replace piston and crank shaft (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Oct 122009

Grand Prix GTP 3800 Series 2

Everyone says that the 3800 series 2 engine is a good engine and it will last a long time. I just bought this car used with only 60000 miles. I drove it 900 miles and I got a rod knock in the engine. They had to replace a piston and the crank shaft because those were messed up. The dealership quoted me 2500-3000 dollars to fix but luckily it came with a 90 day warranty or I would have been screwed. Other than that I love the car. It's my favorite car just the engine was poorly designed.

- , Warren, MI, USA