Abs Comes On Without Warning Light

1. need a thourough cleaning of the sensors (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Feb 142008

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

this problem started with a bad wheel hub on the right front wheel, it was replaced. About 3 week later the ABS system started acting up. The ABS system was coming on and brakes pumping when you would slow down to turn right. It the started doing it while driving down the road. It would go away when you turned off the Traction Control. It then came back with a vengeance. Since this is my wifes car it became a problem. lol. I was informed I was going to fix it or take it to the dealer...lol. Well I went online and found out they didn't know what it was either. I have replaced the right wheel hub and complete brake system including rotors and calipers. I even changed the right brake hose in case it had collapsed internally. That didn't fix it. I then remembered taking the sensor apart once and putting it back together. It worked for a day of two. Well I had her car last week and took the clip apart and put it back together. Presto, for two hours I tried to get this car to act up and couldn't get it to. I took it back home and put it up on jacks and took the sensors apart. I cleaned them with electronic cleaner and applied dielectric grease to the sensors (both sides) with a plastic toothpic. This way I could get the grease all the way up in the clip. I put the clip back together solidly and carefully so as not to break it and it has worked for five day now. Doesn't seem like very long but its a lifetime when its not working at all.

- , Topeka, KS, USA