NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

1.7

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Mar 162015

Grand Prix

My front passenger side brake line burst suddenly under braking while exiting the highway at 70mph. It appears all other lines are rusty as well and could result in another failure. I love in Minnesota so salt could contribute, but it was definitely corporate negligence. The Agency failed to issue a recall for this in 2015 for GM trucks. I think this is a much larger issue for all w-body GM cars as well. I was fortunate enough that the exit ramp had a yeild turn onto the next road instead of a stop. This could have killed me and will kill people if nothing is done. Please take action and look into this.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Feb 012013

Grand Prix

ABS wiring harness ground condition, tcs offline.bearing sensors new and in compete inspection of harness found faulty.I have found numerous indications and finally found ground conditions.problem occurs while driving on rough roads.indications started 2013 till present 2015

- Attalla, AL, USA

Mar 192013

Grand Prix

A car sped out from a stop sign on my right into my lane and slammed on their brakes to make an illegal left turn. I had to slam on my brakes. My car slowed to within a couple of feet of their bumper and then I lost braking. My brake pedal continued toward the floor and my car continued forward. The pedal went to within a few inches before the floor where I could feel the brakes "re-engage" and I was able to completely stop my car within a couple of inches of their bumper. Was able to make it the next 12 miles to my home and checked the steering fluid reservoir. It was empty and there was a line of big drops behind my car from where I turned to park. Poured over half a bottle of brake fluid in the next day, pumped the brakes. Not better. I backed my car out of the space and there was a puddle where the rear of my car was and the reservoir was again empty. Looked under the back of the car and everything was wet from the driver side to the middle. Car towed for repair that day and mechanic found rusted brake line.

- Chester, PA, USA