Engine Hesitation/Loss Of Power

9.6

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Oct 302013

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6

My 2001 Grand Prix supercharge has blinking security light, check engine light, error code po102 and it keeps dying after I drive it for a little bit. I changed MAF and it still dies.

- , simi valley, ca, USA

Dec 242011

Grand Prix ES 3.1L

when i step on the gas the power go,s down .it also has an annoying whistle and a surging under power ,what the hell!!!

- , Cherryville, BC, canada

Nov 092005

Grand Prix SE 3.6L

I've had and still have the hesitation problem but now it's off and on. I've taken the car in for service to fix the problem but the mechanic didn't know what to fix. And this was a GM dealership. I've taken the car in to Firestone as well and got the same results. I was told what could be fixed but after all was said and done, the problem was never solved. I even emailed GM. They asked some questions but they really didn't have any new information for me. It's pretty sad. And they wonder why people don't want to buy American cars.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Aug 132008

Grand Prix 3.2L V6

My Fiancee has had this car for about 2 almost 3 years, and it just started doing it recently. When accelerating up a hill it would start to vibrate, and shake. We had the front bearings replaced and the front alignment done, and it still did it. Now, it's really bad, when pulling onto a highway, with a speed limit of even 45 accelerating to the speed limit is a task, i press on the gas and it stalls slowing down, it eventually picks back up but it's doing it more frequently. And there's a squeak in the right tire when going slow. The key randomly gets stuck in the ignition but that's a separate issue. I want to fix it, I love driving this car, but i'm short on money and I don't even know what to fix.

- , Port Angeles, WA, USA

Jun 042008

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

engine hesitates when accelerating up a hill --feels like it is going to stall..runs fine at highway speeds

- , Gate City, VA, USA