Horn Goes Haywire

4.7

2. i pulled the horn fuse for a few days.. (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 122008

Grand Prix 3.1L

ANOTHER JUST HAPPEN WELL WHEN IAM DRIVING WITH MY FEET ON THE ACCELERATOR MY HORN BLOWS AND WHEN I AM PLAYING A CD IN THE CD PLAYER IT SOUNDS LIKE MY RADIO GOES LOW I AM REALLY GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THIS CAR I WANT ANOTHER BUT I CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER SO DO ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

- , New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 052007

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

My horn or alarm system started going off while I was driving the car....Had to press the red button on remote to get it to stop, only for it to do it again a few minutes later. Got home, unhooked battery thinking it would reset itself...no luck. Finally I pulled the fuse to the horn. Left it out a few days and put it back in and it has been fine since. Called the dealership but they wouldn't even talk about it unless I brought it in to have it looked at. It is all about the money!!!

- , Bellefontaine, OH, USA

Feb 102008

Grand Prix GT 3800 V6

My 2002 Pontiac grand prix has an OEM anti-theft system. Lately, the horn has been setting off itself, It will randomly go off when no one is around it and continue to go off, eventually it just stops on its own. It did it once about a month ago, went off about 5 times over a 6 hour period by itself, then it never did it again, until today. Today, it has gone off 5 times (that I know about). I was wondering if anyone would know why this is happening or what you can do to fix it?

- , Buffalo, MN, USA