Bottom Of Doors Came Off

8.0

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jan 252015

Grand Prix V6

click to see larger images

bottom of doors came off

All four trim on each door started falling off. They were flapping in the wind. If they unattached they could have possibly flew off and killed someone. Had no choice but to remove from each door the bottom of the trim.

- , Ormond Beach, FL, USA

Aug 312014

Grand Prix GT 3.2L V6

It's bad when you start having mechanical problems with a car less than 90,000 miles, but when the body parts start to come apart that's awful! I mean the whole bottom half of both front doors literally fell off. I found out when I took it to a friend who does body work, that as he showed me, it was literally held on by two sided body tape that just dried out!

I'm wondering as the car (per car fax) was only a one owner before I got it and it only had less than 20,000 miles on it why this happened! Is the whole body held together by two sided tape? I'm almost afraid to drive it now, wondering if the back or the trunk or anything else might fly off! Also, what if I'd been on the hwy say going 70mph speed limit and they'd come flying off then they could have very well caused someone to wreck or even get killed! This is just wrong! You don't hold car parts on my two sided tape! Unless maybe its a model car! I mean the kind you get in a box at a toy store!!

Something needs to be done about this junk, it's just not right! We have enough problems with first the windows breaking, engine problems and now we have to worry about the body parts flying off!

- , Archdale, NC, USA