Abs System Not Working

2. abs brake light on and tracktion control light (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Nov 102010

Grand Prix GT 3.8L

i have had my ABS fixed 3 times now and the wires to the ABS keep breaking due to the cold snow and slop in the winter. have not had them fixed again cant afford another repair bill for the same problem. Design problem i would say.

- , New Prauge, MN, USA

Mar 212008

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6

This is another annoying problem I've tried to fix. The abs light is on, traction control light on(off). I replaced the from rotors and brake pads the year before, I check the rears, and decided to change them myself. $120.00 in biggie..found the rear proportioning valve was leaking, fixed that, bled the brakes, still did not fix. Gave up and took to a mechanic. He replaced the proporting valve, and a wheel bearing, bled the brakes. $700.00. Could not clear the light, he said its the module. (ecm) I removed the module and sent if off to be repaired, $200.00, they returned it, said its not the module...I did get my 200 bucks back. I can't see bringing it so another mechanic so they can guess at my no antilock brakes.

- , Johnstown, OH, USA

Oct 182007

Grand Prix SE 3.1L V6

This is a part of my car that won't stay fixed. My ABS system light has been on a lot. The first time it came on, the mechanic said there was a loose wire that just needed a more solid attachment. That worked for awhile. Then the light persistently came on again. I brought it into a mechanic and he said that there were corroded parts in the right wheel wells speed sensor and those needed to be replaced. So I replaced them and it worked for a week. I've given up getting that part fixed (along with other "won't stay fixed" parts on my car). I just wonder why it won't stay fixed?

- , Fairchild AFB, WA, USA